Delusions

Since buying a digital camera, I've been having a blast taking pictures and sharing them by emailing them and mailing CDs. I've checked into the photo sites, such as "Ofoto" but I thought I'd like to try this approach, so here are a few of the good, the bad, and the ugly among my "masterpieces."

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Winter


This week's Sunday Shoot theme is "Winter." Here in the great white north, traditional winter shots are a dime a dozen this time of year, and, coincidentally, our photography assignment this week was to shoot four pictures outdoors using at least two different white balance settings. Four, of course, wasn't enough so I shot almost 300. Thank goodness for digital and no film processing costs!

These two shots were taken on the Grand River in Southwest Michigan. This river is currently several feet above flood stage, an unusual situation for this time of year, and with the traditionally cold temperatures we have in January, the waters froze right where they overflowed, making the river appear wider than it is. As the waters recede, they leave evidence of their visit in interesting places.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home